Posters that incorporate a series of images integrate the familiar practice of reading story strips
1. Learn from theory and catch the wave, 2. Always keep in mind the classical struggle, 3. The new recruit is working in the field, 4. Make a greater contribution to the country.
1. Learn the theory and know the correct direction to smash the Gang of Four, 2. The iron bull [tractor] overturns the waves, 3. The swallow flies through a cloudy wide sky; defend the Motherland to reach high aspirations and soar up to the skies, 4. The people send me to art college and I go to college for the people, 5. Happy to climb over the mountain to be a good porter and support the peasants
1. The sound of Chairman Hua spreads across the whole country: criticise the Gang of Four strictly. The site of war is now a deer paddock, 2. You gain experience through practice; struggle gives the New Soldiers [women] power. When the whistle calls the wild deer become tame, 3. Keep the Revolution in view and take care to raise the deer well. Every drop of milk adds to a deeper relationship and helps the little deer grow up strong, 4. We raise the deer for the Revolution: our red hearts turn towards the Sun [Maoism]. We prevent and cure diseases to kee the little deer healthy and they become strong and fat, 5. The Revolution makes a triumphant song and victory will come in the spring. Every antler is placed in a box and will be delivered to all the world
1. The red flag dances in the East Wind [of Mao Thought] and song fills the air: We longed for the arrival of the Mao Book and now it is here everyone is happy, 2. I hold the Red Book to my heart: When I learn more my heart becomes brighter and every word speaks the truth, 3. Crush the Gang of Four and production will be free: the iron hand [workers] will draw up the blueprint and the landscape will get a new face, 4. The Red Book enlightens us and turns the red heart towards the Sun [Mao]: in agriculture learn from Dazhai. News of our victory is everywhere
1. Treat the comrade with the warmth of spring, 2. Treat the work with the heat of summer, 3. Treat individualism with the chill wind of autumn sweeping fallen leaves across the ground, 4. Treat the enemy with the bitter frost of winter
Each entry includes a caption showing our translation of the original Chinese slogan. This is provided as a courtesy and whilst we aim for accuracy discrepancies may occur and alternative choices of words and grammar are always possible. If the precision of the translation is important to you we can provide on request the original Chinese characters where possible.
Each entry also includes the pinyin of the artists names that appear on the poster itself. Again we make every effort for accuracy but mistakes may occur.
Please email if you require more information.